Monday, November 21, 2005

Competencies applied to KM work

I recently spoke with a colleague who had recently been let go. As she reviewed her extensive experience, I thought of how well those could be applied to knowledge management. I am curious as to why some librarians don't see that connection right away!

Another colleague in the patient safety arena sent along this interesting article on how to make the best use of an organizations knowledge. There are some nice ideas in here. I especially appreciate the plug for the application of KM skills to health care. In addition, I see that the roles the author outlines could be applied to other professionals - this focuses on quality professionals -such as librarians, information managers and the like.

Let me know what you think!

Duke Okes. Corral Your Organization’s Knowledge One way to assess an organization’s performance is to determine how well it manages its critical knowledge. Quality Progrss. October 2005.

No comments: